Black ginger, Kaempferia Parviflora, has been used as a vitalizing and stimulating herb for centuries. It displays adaptogenic activities and reduces triglycerides, preventing diabetes. Black Ginger has been a known ingredient in male sexual performance formulations due to significant levels of PDE5 inhibitors which increase blood-flow to the testis and stimulate dopaminergic function in the hypothalamus.
This also can relates to how Black ginger can help in cognitive function as dopamine is an organic chemical that acts as a neurotransmitter and neuromodulator in the human brain. Among its activities dopamine influences motivation, arousal and sexual gratification.
As a natural sexual enhancer, black ginger has been shown to increase sperm density. Its aphrodisiac activities include enhanced sexual desire, motivation and performance as well as supporting the structure and function of Sertoli cells. The Sertoli cell barrier (SCB) sometimes referred to as the “blood testes barrier” protects and controls the environment which produces, nourishes, maintains and stores sperm cells.
In the case of Cognitive function, black ginger stimulates dopaminergic functions in the human brain. Parkinsons disease is caused by a loss of dopamine secreting neurons. Dopamine relays messages to the area of the brain that regulates coordinated body movements and with less dopamine people are less able to control these movements.
Alzheimer’s disease characterized by impaired memory and cognitive functions are linked to substantial disturbances in dopamine regulation in the brain. ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity) is also associated with decreased dopamine activity. Boosting dopamine naturally can help to treat depression and bipolar depression. The ability of black ginger to stimulate dopaminergic function may greatly contribute to cognitive health.
- A clinical study of 45 healthy elderly males tested the effects of Kaempferia parvifloara on erectile function. Response latency time to visual erotic stimuli as well as size and length of penis at erectile state showed significant changes. The study concluded “Our study clearly demonstrates that KP is a potential resource for the development of nutraceutical compound against aged related male erectile dysfunction.”
*“Efficacy Assessment of Kaempferia parviflora for the Management of erectile dysfunction” Panakaporn Wannanon et. al., OnLine Journal of Biological Sciences Volume 12, Issue 4, pp. 149-155
- In Lab animals fed black ginger body weight, visceral fat accumulation, lipid metabolism abnormalities, hyperinsulinenemia, glucose intolerance, insulin resistance, hypertension and peripheral neuropathy were suppressed. “Because KP had preventive effects on metabolic diseases, including antiobesity effects … we propose that KP will be extremely valuable as a medicine or component of food in alternative health care.”*
* Antiobesity effects of Kaempferia parviflora in spontaneously obese type II diatetic mice’ Tomoko Akase et. al. “Journal of Natural Medicine”, Jan.2011, vol. 65, issue 1, pp. 73-80
- Black ginger has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects due to the presence of strong antioxidants in the dark purple (almost black) flavonoid pigments that give black ginger its name.
100% Black Ginger powder produced by Thai Freeze Dry’s Cellular Fraction-Line Technology is available in 400 mg. capsules or as bulk powder.
To learn more about Black Ginger, please click the links below
- Black Ginger Brief
- Free Sale Certificate
- Black Ginger Spec. Sheet
- Cellular Fracture-Line Technology
- Halal Approval