Blue butterfly pea, Clitoria ternatea, vine is noted for its bright blue edible flowers that have a shape similar to female genitalia from which it derives its scientific name. Aside from its many culinary uses, the blue butterfly pea vine has been used in Ayurveda as well as traditional Asian and Middle Eastern medicine and its health benefits are increasingly supported by modern science. Blue butterfly pea itself has a rich historical background with a multitude of health convenient properties.
Eyes: The presence of the anti-oxidant, proanthocyanidin, helps to improve eyesight by increasing blood flow in the capillaries of the eyes which also allows the eyes to adjust to changes in light and improves vision. The blue butterfly pea vine flowers have been shown to effectively prevent cataracts and glaucoma, correct blurred vision, and reverse retinal damage as well as soothing inflamed and tearing eyes.
Hair: The blue butterfly vine flower, rich in bioflavinoids, has been used traditionally to promote hair growth, thicken the hair and reduce greying of the hair.
Skin: Anti-oxidants in blue butterfly pea flower stimulate collagen and elastin synthesis helping to rejuvenate the skin, reduce wrinkles and other effects of aging skin.
Aphrodisiac: traditionally used as an aphrodisiac particularly for women and used to treat problems associated with menstruation as well as leucorrhoea (white vaginal discharge).
Healthy Convenience: Thai Freeze Dry’s blue butterfly pea vine tea is unique. Normally, if you can find this tea at all, it will be in the form of dried tea leaves with flowers. You will brew the tea and then throw away the leaves and flowers, drinking only the mildly infused water. You’ve just kept the bath water and thrown away the baby!
- Nootropic – enhances cognitive functions including heightening intelligence and enhancing memory via acetylcholine localized to the hippocampus
- Anxiolyhic – reduces stress and anxiety – calming effect
- Relaxes smooth vascular muscle aiding blood flow
- Analgesic – helps to relieve pain to the extent it is used as a local anesthetic
- Diuretic – promotes excretion of water (urination) which decreases blood volume thereby lowering high blood pressure, also used for fast but typically temporary weight loss
- Anti-inflammatory – the deep blue flowers contain flavonoid pigments similar to blue berries, acai berry, mangosteen rind etc. that protect the plant. When you inject the flower the effect is remarkably similar to the anti-inflammatory effect of the plant in nature.
- Anti-Asthmatic: assessed by passive cutaneous anaphylaxis
- Anti-anxiety and depression with indication that high doses may be adaptogenic
- Anti-diabetic activity by inhibiting glucose intake from the diet
- Anti-cancer and anti-tumor abilities resulting from cyclotides that cause cell death by disrupting cell membrane integrity
- Anti-pyretic –reduces fever by dilating the blood vessels just beneath the skin which increases blood flow near the surface of the skin where it can be more easily cooled by the air
- In this case you do not need to brew tea. You can add just a pinch of our Cellular Fraction-Line activated powder to either hot or cold water (even ice water) and the fine powder with porous particle structure will dissolve in the water with mild stirring to produce a beautiful bright blue tea. Keep in mind that in this case you are not throwing out the leaves and flowers, you are ingesting them. Thai Freeze Dry’s blue butterfly pea vine tea is similar to matcha tea in the sense that you are eating the leaves (and flowers).
- You can watch the water turning a bright blue in front of your eyes. If you add a touch of lemon or lime juice the color turns from bright blue to deep purple. This is even more fun as the tea changes color before your eyes.
Oranically Certified by
To learn more about Blue Butterfly Pea Vine, please click the links below
- Blue Butterfly Pea Brief
- Certificate Free Sale
- Blue Butterfly Pea Certificate of Analysis
- Blue Butterfly Pea Spec. sheet
- Blue Butterfly Pea FDA Lab Test
- Cellular Fracture-Line Technology
- Halal Approval