Plu Kow is best known as an immunomodulatory herb and is currently being tested at AIDS hospitals in Thailand with promising initial results. The Thai common name for the “heart leaf” used for centuries in traditional Asian herbal medicine in support of the immune system. H. cordata was used by Chinese scientists to tackle SARS as it is conventionally used to treat pneumonia.
In Japan, dokudami, made from the dried Plu Kow leaves, is widely used for ridding the body of harmful bacteria. Best results are achieved when the Plu Kow leaves are fermented with starter cultures of lactic acid bacteria. This provides us with a probiotic product. Drying using heat destroys lactic acid bacteria. The best method of preservation is the Dynamic Freeze Dry process which preserves the desirable probiotic microbes and valuable thermosensitive compounds. The proper blend of Sprouted Black Rice, Noni, Amalaki and Plu Kow make an excellent tonic to support immune system functions.
- Polysaccharides found in Plu Kow are recognized by our bodies as foreign substances. This activates, stimulates and potentiates our immune system. Immune support is proved by NK (Natural killer) white blood cells, T- Cells (which poison invading cells), B cells (which provide antibodies) Interleukin B1 cells that promote autoimmunity, polyphenols which prove strong antioxidant actity, ) and a host of other immunomodulatory mechanisms.
- Phytochemicals abundant in plu kow provide anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral protection. China used plu kow as a major ingredient in their response to SARS and plu kow is well known and used extensively in Asia.
To learn more about our Plu Kow, please click the links below
- Plu Kow Brief
- Free Sale Certificate
- Plu kow Certificate of Analysis
- Plu Kow Spec. Sheet
- Plu Kow Nutritional Lab Test
- Cellular Fracture-Line Technology