Stevia, Stevia rebaudiana, plays an important role in Thai Freeze Dry’s herbal blends. Thai are not all delicious. Some are bitter, some our sour, astringent etc.
The CFL Process allows us to make a stevia powder in its most natural form. Other processes use chemical procedures that turn the powder white and leaves a chemical/ metalic taste.
To assure the highest Quality and Bio-Activity we at TFD use our Cellular Fraction-Line Technology (CFL) to provide The Worlds Purest, Full Spectrum Super Food Powders. (Click To Learn more about the CFL Process)
- Control sugar intake
- Contain magnesium, potassium, and vitamin B3
- Strengthen sodium eliminateion
- Reduction in blood glucose levels
- Reduce blood pressure
- Hygienic oral care
- Stevia is not only “harmless” but is healthy. Most often you are getting a refined extract (liquid or powder) that has isolated stevia’s sweet compounds. Thai Freeze Dry’s CFL promises the whole plant as nature intended.
- Stevia is an effective sweetener for people on sugar and carbohydrate- controlled diets such as diabetics and people concerned with weight management and anyone/everyone interested in overall good health.
- Lab studies confirm reductions in blood glucose levels attributed to chlorgenic acid which reduces enzymatic conversion of glycogen to glucose as well as decreasing absorption of glucose in the gut.
The sprouted black rice provides a pleasant tasting (malt) flavor but with the addition of our herbs, taste tests indicate that a slightly sweeter taste is preferred. Stevia provides natural sweetness. It is a healthy herbal alternative. It contains no sugar but is sweeter than sugar with no calories, no toxicity and none of the negative health effects of sugar.
Stevia glycosides are approved as a dietary supplement/food additive in more than 30 countries including EU, U.S.A., Australia, New Zealand and most ASIAN countries and has been approved by the Thailand F.D.A. since 2002. The indigenous people of Paraguay were using stevia to sweeten their medicines and drinks as early at the 16th century.
Stevia leaves contain magnesium, potassium, and vitamin B3. Stevia is also rich in iron (approx.. 700 ppm) which helps hemoglobin synthesis. With over 10% fiber, stevia helps promote proper digestion and helps to cure constipation. Stevioside (one of stevia’s sweet compounds) has been studied for its ability to dilate blood vessels, increase elimination of sodium and increase urination all of which help to reduce blood pressure.
Triterpenes, flavonoids and tannins are among the antioxidant compounds found in stevia. Antioxidant phyto-chemicals found in stevia include kaempferol, quercetin, chororgenic acid, caffeic acid, and isoquercitrin. Kaempferol has been shown to reduce the risk of pancreatic cancer by 23% (American journal of epidermiology).
Research conducted by Professor Eva Sapi, chairperson of the Department of Biology and Environmental Science at the University of New Haven (Connecticut, U.S.A.) published in the European Journal of Microbiology and Immunity in 2015, concluded that stevia treats Borrelia burgdorferi bacteria responsible for Lyme disease more effectively than doxycycline, cefoperazone and daptomycin antibiotics. Human patients with Lyme disease will soon undergo clinical trials.
Some people experience a slight “metallic” aftertaste from stevia, however in its natural state and combined in our herbal blends this is not detectable. Stevia’s natural light green color and taste are not tinted by artificial processes that result in artificial color or taste.
Enjoy a healthy touch of natural sweetness.
To learn more about Stevia, click the links below