Galanga, Alpina galangal, is well known throughout Thailand as “Kha “ for its distinctively sharp sweet taste and fragrance. Like Turmeric, Galanga is a member of the ginger family and this very popular culinary herb is used in soups and curries.
Galanga has a long history of use in various medicinal traditions. In African-American folk medicine galanga is referred to as “chewing root” said to settle the stomach and aid digestion. Traditional Chinese medicine prescribes galanga to relieve stomach pain, vomiting, hiccups and diarrhea. Galanga is often to relieve motion sickness as well as morning sickness.
Ayurveda classifies galanga as a “Vata Shamana” herb used to address inflammation. Modern science has validated this anti-inflammatory properties. Ethyl-p-methoxycinnamate isolated from galanga inhibits inflammation by suppressing interleukin-1, tumor necrosis factor-α, and inhibiting the formation of new blood vessels (angiogenesis) by blocking endothelial functions.
- Galanga is used in many Asian formulations for upper respiratory infections including colds and sore throat.
- Galanga is known to inhibit nitric oxide production. Nitric Oxide relaxes the smooth muscular cells of the blood vessels allowing the blood vessels to expand.
- Galanga may help to promote male fertility. Animal studies showed increased sperm count and mobility and a study in Denmark where galangal was combined with pomegranate fruit extract found a 3X increase mobile sperm in healthy human males.
- There is a growing body of scientific research supporting the use of galangal to help fight a broad range of human cancers and tumors. One study indicates that galangal significantly destroyed gastric cancer cells.
- Using Thai Freeze Dry’s “Cellular Fraction-Line Technology the Galanga is not exposed to heat during any part of the process. This is the “Thai Freeze Dry difference” in line with our mission to revive your relationship to nature’s complete foods. Thai Freeze Dry’s galanga powder is delivered as a complete whole food as nature designed it.
Organically Certified By
– USDA / EU/ and JAS (Japan)Organic certification