Turmeric, (Curcuma longa), contains hundreds of chemical species including a variety of curcuminoids working together in synergy. Much if not all of the turmeric powder in the market will have been processed by boiling or steaming as a first step after washing. In Thai Freeze Dry’s ”Cellular Fraction-Line Technology ” (CFL) the turmeric is not exposed to heat during any part of the process. This is the “Thai Freeze Dry” difference. In addition CFL activated turmeric powder is preserved to maintain the cellular and molecular structure of turmeric as it grows in nature with the highest levels of both bio-activity and bio-availability possible.
Cucumin crosses the blood-brain barrier to exercise a direct influence in reducing oxidative damage and inflammation in the brain. Turmeric displays powerful anti-inflammatory effects. Given the fact that inflammation is linked to a wide spectrum of health issues including heart disease, metabolic syndrome, arthritis, and degenerative nervous system disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease and contributes significantly to the aging process, turmeric makes a great daily supplement to your diet.
- Neurons form new connections and also grow and multiply in the brain. A growth hormone, essential to this process is BDNF ( Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor). This hormone decreases as you grow older. Decreased levels of BDNF are linked to brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, depression (see below) and age-related decreases in cognitive functions. Curcumin has been shown to increase levels of BDNF.
- Turmeric is a highly effective anti- inflammatory as powerful as anti-inflammatory drugs that have a long list of negative side effects. Curcumin acts on the molecular level to block NF-kB, a molecule that travels into the nuclei of cells and turns on the gene expression for inflammation. This effectively interrupts the inflammation cycle.
- Excessive free radicals that attack our healthy cells are kept in check by antioxidants. Curcumin has a double antioxidant effect. It contains strong antioxidant compounds that neutralize free radicals and, at the same time, boosts the body’s natural ability to synthesize the enzymes that act as our endogenous antioxidants. It acts along both of these metabolic pathways at the same time.
- Curcumin shows promise as an anti-depressant. Depression is linked to reduced levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BNDF – a brain growth hormone) and a shrinking hippocampus (the area of the brain associated with learning and memory).
Organically Certified By
– USDA / EU/ and JAS (Japan)Organic certification
To learn more about Turmeric , please click the link below